Wednesday, April 22, 2009
30 Sugar Free Days
So I have realized how addicted I am to sugar. It's crazy how much I can eat. I'm doing the "30 days no sugar" challenge from Dr. Olson. He has a book called "Sugarettes" that talks about how addicting sugar is and what it does to our body. He has a program online that helps people go off of sugar for 30 days and he sends out a daily email to support you. It's free. I started a few days ago and I'm doing well. I haven't had too bad of a time so far, but I'm sure there will be some hard days. I've been taking some Standard Process vitamins (Diaplex and Cholacol along with some others) that help with sugar cravings and I think they have really helped. I am tired though....very tired. And especially in the late afternoon I get up to go in the kitchen to get "a little something" (i.e. Ben and Jerry's, cookies, brownies etc.) and I remember that I'm not eating that stuff about the time I get there. His website is http://olsonnd.com/30-sugar-free-days/. Amanda, Lydia, Mom, Channon, Crys, Jenn...and whoever else, I think you should do it! I'm going to order the book so if anyone wants to read it after me let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What good timing you have! Just last night I was bemoaning to Scott about how I always want to eat so much sugar (pb m&ms, brownies, kit kats, skor bars, old fashioned donuts, etc.)!! There were brownies taunting me from the kitchen, that's what started the conversation. :) I'm going to have to check out your 30 day program!! I need to give you a call too! It's been awhile since we had a good chat! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so tough... im not sure i could do it. im an addict.
ReplyDeleteI actually don't eat that much sugar/candy/desserts.... I know you don't believe that! I only buy it when I'm with other people, for real. I almost never buy any candy etc. when I do my grocery shopping.I can usually go several weeks without anything and then I have a major craving and make Ryan go get me some :).I do drink pop whenever we go out to eat though. I could do better on that :).
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what I'd do without sugar. Thats where I get most of my calories...lol! I guess that diet isn't the best for those trying to gain weight.
ReplyDeleteInteresting...Lately sugar gives me these horrible headaches and leaves an icky aftertaste in my mouth, yet for some reason I keep eating it. You inspire me. I think I need to stop eating sugar. I stopped eating red meat years ago, but sugar is a little harder. Especially when it's right in front of your face.
ReplyDelete