-the transition from "Megan to Mommyhood" (or from mostly selfish to more selfless...happening very slowly of course)
When I started this blog I wanted it to be a little place of "Megan" where I wrote my thoughts, dreams, inspirations.....observations etc. The timing for such a blog was not very good though, as I had just had a baby....and babies have a way of, hmmmm, dominating? As they should by all means (temporarily I hope) so thus this blog quietly yet devoutly evolved into "the infamous baby blog".
Now there is nothing wrong with a baby blog....it's just not what I had in mind when I started it. When my friend Crystal started a personal blog in addition to her family blog and named it "Just Crystal" I have to admit I was a little jealous. The more self-centered side of me that mommyhood tends to drown out the instant labor begins came bouncing back to my awareness and I suddenly remembered life before baby when I had thoughts of my own outside of the cute but laborous world of Finn! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade it for the world...but, nevertheless, I realized that this is definitely NOT a blog about me....and so I have decided to change the name of my blog from "Megan" (ha!) to more appropriately "Mommy Notes"....which comes from my baby shower where Crystal gave me a green notebook that said "Mommy Notes" on it. It's been perfect for scribbling down the daily "notes" of my journey into mommyhood.
Here are some sample entries from the first pages:
* From labor you get a baby! (remember)
* The first 6 weeks are hard
* 12 weeks is a fun, fun time
* Baths help baby sleep
* 12 weeks....nursing is easy and enjoyable now (and fast)
* Baby tummies do not like it when Mommy eats chocolate
* Running, walking, sunshine and fresh air make a big difference
* Ignore tag sizes on baby clothes
Obviously nothing too profound here, but I'm sure it will help me the next time around and flipping back through the pages gives me a smile. Sometimes I wonder where the Megan that I have known throughout my life has gone to these past 5 months! Is she watching from a safe distance? Will she ever come back? I don't know! The Megan that is now Finn's Mommy sometimes reminds me of the old Megan, but then again, sometimes I'm not so sure! I've been told that this stage of life (babies) is short and as the months pass I can see how true that is....I don't want to wish it away. So instead of try to have everything at once, my goal is to enjoy today. Having a supportive and fun husband, and being surrounded by great friends making the same transition helps me enjoy the ride.
Enough of my own drama for today!
*** Megan *** (a.k.a. Mommy)
So...here they are...as expected:


I love this entry! It is hard to separate yourself from mommyhood, isn't it? I can't even remember my life before my children.... it seems like they have always been here! I'm ok with that :-). As Finn gets older and you hear him call you mommy and tell you he loves you, it will make it much easier to be "just mommy."
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right, they are not babies for long so enjoy every minute!
I loved this entry Meg! You're YOU no matter what stage of life you're in and I love it! I have to admit too, I've been seriously contemplating baggin my second blog and mushing it into the family blog. It's kind of annoying to try and keep up with two of them! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is such a sweet entry. You are such a good mommy!
ReplyDeleteSometimes it seems like all I know how to do is be a mommy...that's why I take my "me" time every day, even if baby has to cry while I do it.
ReplyDelete