Today was my birthday. I turned 26 years old. I can barely remember turning 25 last year, but I'm sure that it happened! The past two days Jordan and I were able to go out to the movies together because we have great friends who offered to babysit for us. Jordan planned a fun date and gave me chocolate, a rose and a very sweet card. Today I woke up and felt pretty down for no reason I could figure out. January blahs? Jordan and Finn went to church and I sulked in my bed for awhile, and then I got up and made myself some birthday cupcakes, which cheered me right up. There weren't 26 by the time we put candles in them : ) so we had to cheat a little. Finn tasted his first sprinkles and chocolate frosting, which was really cute, a lot of sweet people texted and called, and I got one of the nicest emails ever from Crystal. It was a nice suprise and made my day. Here it is.
Dear birthday girl Megan,
Happy birthday!! How does it feel to be 26 years old? I need you to fill me in so I'll know in a week and a half when I hit my 26 year mark. :) I think I'm going to like it better than 25. I don't know how 25 was for you, but for some reason it was a little bit of a downer for me. I think it was because I realized that I'll never be in my early 20s again and that soon I won't even be in my 20s at all! I had this mini-mid-mid life crisis thinking about how my youth is gone. I didn't like 25 very much. :) But 26, I think I can handle this one. And I'm looking forward to it. I'm always glad that we share January birthdays! And in honor of you turning the wonderful age of 26, here is a list of 26 things that I love and admire about Megan Joseph:
1. You were born in January
2. You love your family
3. You're so creative
4. You view life as a beautiful thing
5. You're good at making friends and talking with people; you're a good conversationalist
6. You're so good at researching various topics you want to know about
7. You always have delicious candy and yummy butter for toast (two things that are unrelated, but still, fantastic)
8. You're a WONDERFUL mom!! Because you're doing it your way and discovering how to be a mom. I'll have LOTS of questions for you some day!!
9. You can talk Gilmore Girls with me
10. You understand it all!!
11. You know where I come from
12. You go to Yoga
13. You're brave at following the Spirit
14. You know how to just have a good vent session! :)
15. You introduced me to Real Simple magazine
16. You're a listener
17. You're passionate
18. You're an explorer
19. You always have really cute stuff in your house
20. You know a lot about personality types and I love hearing you talk about it, it's so interesting!
21. You care about others
22. You know how many meanings the phrase "you know?" can have!!
23. You make me laugh
24. You help me understand myself
25. You're a teacher
26. You're my LIFELONG (BFF):) friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is by no means an exhaustive list!! I could keep going on and on. Even when you're turning 100 it won't cover all the things that I love about you! I'm grateful for our friendship and for all the different phases we have gone through and have yet to experience! I hope you have a fantastic b-day!! Know that I'm thinking about you on your birthday!!
Love, Crys
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks everyone for the great birthday. I am so grateful for my family and friends!
Love Megan
PS Yes, I will post pictures of Finn very soon! (For Channon, Lydia, Mom, Tina, etc etc etc.......) I'm sorry it's been so long!


How sweet! i agree with all 26! AND you are a FABULOUS friend! hope it was a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a good birthday and I'm excited to see a new post on your blog! :)
ReplyDeleteThat letter is soo cute! what a good friend! You are so cute as well, love your belly!! and i LoVe your hat. some people just pulls hat off really well and you are one of them! Happy bday!
ReplyDeleteHappy late birthday! So glad you had such a good weekend! You deserve to be spoiled!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you had a nice b-day!! Your cupcakes look delicious!!
ReplyDelete