Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Baby Stuff

Okay, I keep getting asked what I want/need for this baby or Finn.  So I said I would post a few things.  If you aren't one of those people then you might want to just skip this post!  : ) 

First of all, please don't feel like you  need to get me anything because I pretty much have all the basics since I'm having another boy! 

As for the new baby, I would say the best present would be Pamper's Swaddler Newborn or size 1 diapers!  I'm pretty nervous about our diaper budget doubling!  Really, that is not a boring present.  I'll think of you every time I change a diaper...ha ha!  : )  Besides that, the only other things I think would be great this time is a baby scale.

As for Big Brother...some things I think he would like are:

* Board Puzzles....the ones with big knobs on them.  I've been meaning to get him one.  Maybe he will sit and play with it while I take care of baby #2!  He plays with them every time we go to the library.

* Toddler backpack with a leash....I know they look tacky, but I think it's the only way he will be safe when I'm holding baby and we are outside.  He is so fast! 

*Boring, but Finn needs 18 month white onesies

So, that's really it.  If anyone sees or hears of a used double stroller for using either at the store or for running, let me know.  That's something I'll be yard selling for this summer.  I think we are going to try to borrow a baby swing from someone.  We didn't use one with Finn, but I've heard they are the best.  Hopefully we have room for one!  Baby stuff takes up so much space in an apartment!   

If I had a lot of money to waste, I would want a digital baby monitor!  I think it would be nice to see if they were asleep without having to go in and having them see you.  Has anyone used one?  Do they work very well?  What did you think?  I'm wondering if they are worth the money or not. 

I need to definitely get newborn pictures taken this time.  I didn't do that with Finn and I've always wished I had!  Also, I guess another fun present would be some kind of newborn handprint kit.  That's another thing I wish I would have done with Finn! 

That's it.  I'm getting so excited.  I can't believe how soon baby will be here!  I'll be 34 weeks on Friday.  Now if only the baby had a name!  Ha!    

Love Megan

3 comments:

  1. We have an extra toddler backpack if you want one. It is a monkey. Let me know if you want it. I can just mail it to you.

    I also *might* have some 18 month onesies. I'll have to check on that though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice list... I like lists :).
    Anyway, I did not use a digital monitor but would have loved one for the same reasons you mentioned! They are pricey though :(.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard you mention your blog at play group today so I decided to hunt it down.

    I have a small travel swing you're totally welcome to borrow. It's nothing fancy, but I liked it for the apartment because it folded up easily and didn't take a lot of space. You can come look at it any time.

    Thanks for coming to hang out today!

    ReplyDelete